Brewing with and Aeropress
Dose 13 grams of medium-fine coffee to 200 grams of water.
1. Place the aeropress upside down and the plunger pulled out just beyond number 4.
2. Place the paper filter in to the cap and rinse it to get rid of any papery taste ad pre warm the mug with hot water.
3. Add the coffee, start the timer and pour in 50 grams of water at 94 degrees (about 30 seconds off the boil) and stir three times ensuring all the coffee is wet.
4. After 30 seconds, add the rest of the water and stir again.
5. Place the cap and filter on and wait until for 1 minute and 30 seconds to be reached.
6. With the mug upside down on top, pick up the whole lot and flip it over.
7. Gently plunge the aeropress down, taking about 30 seconds to do so, and stopping when you begin to here the hiss of air being pushed out.
Pushing gently is key to ensuring even extraction and preserving sweetness.
If the coffee tastes dry or astringent make the grind size coarser. If it tastes sour or tart, make it finer.