Brewing coffee in a French Press/Cafetière
The mighty cafetière.
1. Dose with a ratio of 60 grams of coffee to 1 litre of water.
(This is a good starting point, from which you can change the dose depending on how strong you like your brew. I.e. for a cup of 250ml use 15g of coffee)
2. Grind the coffee to a medium consistency, similar to granulated sugar.
3. Ideally, using fresh and filtered watered, 30 seconds off the boil, pour onto the ground coffee making all grounds wet.
4. Place the lid and plunger on top and leave to brew for 3 - 4 minutes.
5. Remove the lid and stir 3 times to break 'the crust' and skim off any foam with a spoon.
6. Replace the lid and gently push the plunger so that it stops just above the coffee bed.
7. Wait another 2 or so minutes for the sediment to settle.
8. Pour into mugs and enjoy.
If the coffee tastes dry or astringent make the grind size coarser. If it tastes sour or tart, make it finer.